GPRS internet blocks incoming calls on unlocked iPhone - please help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bertiespeirs, Jul 8, 2009.

1. bertiespeirs macrumors newbie

Hey, so I jailbroke my UK iPhone 3GS with redsn0w and then unlocked with ultrasn0w. However now my phone is on an Orange pay monthly sim, and only seems to receive calls when connected to 3G, or when the top left shows the signal and the carrier name (Orange)....AND NOTHING ELSE!

The little circle (next to the carrier name) which indicates GPRS, automatically comes on all the time. The phone is however NOT connecting to the internet as I have changed the Cellular Data Network APN settings to incorrect ones. However, whenever this circle is shown, the phone will not receive incoming calls. Sometimes when I test it, the circle disappears for a call to get through, but this is only one in ten times. Text messages do not get through either unless all I can see is the carrier name. Outgoing calls and texts are not affected.

What I want to know is is there a way to completely block the GPRS circle from ever appearing or being activated? Why isn't my phone accepting incoming calls (they go straight to answerphone)?

Any help would be amazing!
    Cheers
    B.

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

It might be worth testing if your SIM is faulty, by borrowing a friend's SIM, turning 3G off, and seeing if the problem persists. If you can try with another Orange one and one from another network as well, it will help identify where the problem is.

I have not heard of this problem being common, so if you get the same results with those tests, then I think it's time to restore your phone and try the jb and unlock again.