GPS and OHR still poor.

Pewpewpew

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Really disappointing, series 4 GPS cutting corners and measuring short and Heart Rate sensor doesn’t handle intervals very well. Such a shame as really loving everything else. My 3 year old tomtom that cost £130 is so much more accurate. Mine is going back, see if series 5 is any good. Gutted.

canyonblue737

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2005
Did you make sure the Apple Watch was using it’s GPS and not your iPhone’s? If you brought the iPhone with you make sure you turn off the Bluetooth connection to the watch.

I agree on optical. Optical HR for intervals is very difficult to do well, I’d argue no one can do it well today, but clearly Garmin and others are doing to better. I’m surprised the new Apple Watch S4 doesn’t do 24/7 1 second updating of HR like Fitbit and Garmin devices have done for 3+ years with new lower power LEDs. The S4 continues the every 5-10 minute updates when not in a workout of past Apple Watches.

Pewpewpew

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
I didn’t take my phone, just the watch.
[doublepost=1537633339][/doublepost]Is there anyway to export the data in to something with more detail. Doesn’t give very much info in the activity app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.