Gps App To Find Another Iphone User

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mac'nCheese, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Is there an app I can have that can help me find another iphone user. Say, we're in the park or the mall, can it tell me walk 100 feet north, turn left, etc?

2. Jenkins12 macrumors member

Hmm, I'm not sure if an App like this would exist because it kind breaches an invasion of privacy. It would have to require both sides to download the app, and then enable some sort of tracker.

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yes, thats true. I should have mentioned that I assumed that both parties would need the app and would have to agree to its usage.

On the other hand......

4. Koronis macrumors member

Koronis

5. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

I think thats a feature included with the iRape app.

6. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

WOW!

7. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Probably more money than your willing to spend, but NAVIGON allows you to send your current position to another user and have them navigate to you or vise versa. Obviously, it requires that you both have the app.

8. Jenkins12 macrumors member

LOL wow, nicely done.

9. squirrelist macrumors regular

squirrelist

Built-in Map app

The built-in maps application kind of has this feature. Load it up, tap the pulsing blue dot when it gets a fix. A banner should pop up saying "Current Location". Tap the arrow at the end of the banner, and on the new screen there is a button to "Share Location". You can send your location by MMS or email. It will be sent as a vCard file with a URL to the location in Google Maps, which on the iPhone will load up in the Maps app.

Of course, if you're in a mall or something you might not be able to get an accurate GPS fix.

If you want to specify a location instead, you can drop a pin and then follow the directions above with the pin.

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

No there is an app like that. Only works in America though can't think of the name of it. Was one of the first apps out with the app store launch.

11. snoella macrumors newbie

Icloseby

ICLOSEBY allows users to connect to an area that has similar wifi and find iphones within a particular wireless area.:apple: