GPS Apps on the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neilford, Aug 5, 2009.

1. neilford macrumors member

Why is is that none of these companies writing iphone gps apps understands how the iphone works? I have looked into everything and they come in two flavors, one is subscription and the other is standalone. Who in their right mind would pay $10 a month to use gps? Only someone who has money to burn and excludes at least 90% of us. The standalone versions all weigh in at 1gb or up. I find space a premium on my iphone with my stash of music, videos and apps. I am not giving up a gig of space to hold maps to 99% of the cities in the US that I will never visit in my life. These guys need to get a clue!

2. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

3. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

So you are pretty much saying that GPS on the iphone is useless. Great, stick to Google Maps. it is free, and doesn't take up any of your valuable space.

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

So you want a one-time price that does OTA map downloads, instead of storing them locally?

5. neilford thread starter macrumors member

I see two possibilites:

1) What you suggested is good
    2) Download a sectional database onto your computer that you can select when you sync your iphone. You do this with everything on the iphone, already

neilford