Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etaleb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
guys - in a 4 hour drive, i used up 80mb of data which seems excessive. I'm wondering if apps like wechat (similar to whatsapp) that run in the background used some data. If I close an app, would it stop using data (even if background usage is enabled)

Also, for some reason, if my cellphone data is off, music app doesn't play my music (it's downloaded music, not streaming). Anybody know why

Thx

Reactions: TallRed

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Probably want to setup Wechat to use data only WHEN IN USE, and not always. Music, if u subscribe to Music Match may mess u up otherwise it shouldn't "go out." Can always go into cellular usage screen and disable the music player from EVER using cellular data.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
I think MrBob was referring to this option. Have you ever used it? Also, are you using Music app or some thrid-party app?

Edit: p.s. If you've ever subscribed to iTunes Match and it indeed messed up your music you may need to delete and resync all music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.