GPS fails to lock onto my location

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Makaveli6103, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

So I read a few other threads on GPS not working on Jailbroken iPhones. These are a few things I have done trying to resolve my issue.

-remove sbsettings, 3g unrestrictor, proswitcher and backgrounder
    -reset networking settings
    -delete locations folder in cache

this worked for a second. My GPS locked on but when I started to drive it stopped working and was trying to search for me. Sometimes it says im a few blocks away with the big blue circle. IDK what to do. Any suggestions? If not, Im thinking about restoring it becuase I use GPS all the time and I can live without the jailbroken apps even though they are great.

2. Mindgames macrumors member

ya i kinda wana know about this too. ive been having some probs with my Maps app and the compass app. Takes a good 7 minutes to actually get an exact location in downtown Milwaukee...:confused: im running blackrain with 3gs on 3.1.2

3. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

If iPhone OS 4.0 tomorrow has multitasking I'm leaving jailbreaking. I use Gps a lot in runkeeper and golfshot to make jailbreaking worth it.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you activated your iphone with an official sim then it should work fine.
    If you hactivated it then you might have probs with GPS, Push notifications, youtube apps etc...

5. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

I do have it activated through and official ATT sim card. I used pwnagetool 3.1.5 to make a custom ipa.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird, I do too and my JB 3GS never had any probs with GPS or anything else.
    Try restoring it and see if it does the same. If it keeps doing it then bring it to Apple for an exchange.

7. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea I was going to try this tonight. But I recently replaced my cracked screen myself recently. You cannot tell that I did but is there a way that they check for it?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt they'll inspect it that closelly if you just tell them your GPS doesnt work.

9. jutte64 macrumors regular

i have a 3G nonjailbroken and i have been having problems the last couple weeks with the GPS not working. it has happened in both my tomtom and maps app. havent seen anything else in the forums but this one about so figured i would just throw in my two cents too.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See the threads about deleting the locationd folder.

11. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

I already tried this. It did work for a second but once I started to move it lost my lock and the big circle came back and said I was 2 blocks away

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you think 4.0 is being released tomorrow, you have a wait. Worldwide Developers Conference between June 28th and July 2nd.

Tomorrow is just a preview to wow us with some new features.

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sorry, I read location(s) and didn't realize you were referring to location(d).

You might try the pushfix fix. It's for fixing push, but some have said it fixes GPS too.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/f127/96716.htm

Sorry, I don't have the actual link that referred to this link, but this is the method.