GPS Failure, Not Working, Incorrect Location, Can't Find You

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by twanski1977, May 29, 2010.

1. twanski1977 macrumors newbie

I had a problem with my iPhone 3G GPS not being able to locate me. I have tried all the other solutions and none of those seemed to work. However, I think I may have figured out the culprit - it could be your Restrictions.

1. Check Restrictions: Settings > General > Restrictions

If you have Restrictions enabled, make sure you either turn off "Location" or Disable Restrictions completely.

2. Check if Location Services is on: Settings > Location Services = ON

3. Reboot Phone: Hold Sleep/Wake Button until "Slide To Power Off' appears, then let phone shut down. Then press the Sleep/Wake again (no need to hold it down) to turn phone on again.

4. Move to an open area where u receive a good signal.

5. Goto "Maps".

6. Hit the "Locate Me" GPS button and allow Maps to find you.

This should work for most as it has worked for me. I hope this helps everyone. :):confused::p

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Where do you get the idea that this is going to fix GPS problems for most people? The default is restrictions off. Why would you seriously think anyone has this on, or even hasLocations on in Restrictions. You did, and changing it fixed it for you, but for MOST this won’t be a fix.