GPS glitches

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by thunderbunny, Jul 9, 2012.

1. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Anyone else experienced this? Not sure if it's an iOS glitch but it's never happened before. Was at Silverstone this weekend but the phone kept thinking I was in Barcelona or Valencia and kept changing the time and tagging my posts accordingly.

(Maps worked beautifully, in that they gave me a lovely map of Barcelona....)

2. RTWG macrumors regular

RTWG

A few years ago, whenever I was in Brighton my iPhone thought I was in the Bering Sea, just off the coast of Russia. It happened a few times, but only when I was in Brighton. I put it down to an error with how the cell-tower triangulation works, rather than the device itself. It has since been fixed here.

3. naltst* macrumors member

Were there temporary mobile phone towers for all the extra traffic at the Grand Prix?.. These shouldn't confuse GPS but might is your phone was using the skyhook system as well...

4. Spuddyboy macrumors newbie

One of my friends was there this weekend too and his android phone thought he was in Quebec. So there must have been something strange going on at Silverstone, it's unlikely to be related to iOS6

5. thunderbunny thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Thanks. I didn't think it was, but just curious that I'd never experienced it with iOS before. Given the weather on Saturday I'd rather have been in Spain.