GPS in 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisisarcadia, Mar 22, 2009.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

my gps has really been slow and not accurate with 3.0. It froze the other day trying to route directions and stayed like that for about 4 hours. Then i opened it back up today and it was still frozen but finally loaded after about 3 minutes. Then when i am driving it takes forever to load my location, for instance it will freeze on a spot and then a few hundred yards it will appear back to where i am. is anyone having this problem!

2. TexanMan05 macrumors regular

TexanMan05

All I can say is until the final release of 3.0 it is not a problem. Why? Because 3.0 is a beta right now so bugs are to be expected. It would be excellent if there weren't any but if there is it shouldn't come as a surprise. :)

3. golfhero macrumors member

Strange. I found mine snappier (very fast to first fix). No other problems with GPS in 3.0. But at this stage could be hundreds of different factors...

4. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

No GPS problems here on 3.0.

Was this a fresh install (NOT restored from backup)?

It seems a lot of non-developers thought it wise to install a new beta firmware, then try to restore their backed up data from the previous firmware.
    This has resulted in much buggier 3.0 experiences than fresh installs.

5. Colin Guinn macrumors newbie

Maps and GPS have been extremely buggy. I end up having to restart my iPhone several times throughout the day. Sometimes Maps stays frozen in the same state even after a restart. I have to access an address somehow from a different app (like clicking a map link in Yelp, or anything similar) to unfreeze it. I restored from backup...don't know if that's my problem, but I may do a fresh install to see if that helps. What do you guys think?