GPS is GREAT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sanders4617, Jun 23, 2010.

1. sanders4617 macrumors member

Ok.. So I decided to check and see how the GPS worked... from inside my house. I opened up 'Maps' and hit the GPS button on the bottom left.. and it picked up my EXACT location from inside my house. I wasn't even by a window. It wasn't the big circle with range.. it was pointed directly on my house (via Google satellite)...

Now that is some dang good GPS

2. sanders4617 thread starter macrumors member

Shoot.. i gues that matters.. Nevermind. I'm stupid.. lol.

My old iPhone 3G wifi quit working after I updated to 3.1.2... so I never knew that having wifi on changed that. :(

You guys can delete this thread

3. gb7 macrumors member

The gps is better. I am getting a gps lock in Navigon inside my house. Wifi has nothing to do with it.

4. sanders4617 thread starter macrumors member

Oh ok.. Haha. That guy had me thinking that wifi was the reason. Yeah GPS lock in my house too. Very nice.

5. txjeep macrumors member

Amazing

The GPS on the iPhone4 is significantly improved. It is better than any GPS unit I have ever had, as far as reception goes. I don't know what they did, but it gets a signal in my house, and sitting in my cup holder in the car, which my 3G could only dream of doing. It connects quickly also. It is so good that I decided to buy one of the better NAV apps once they get them up to speed and working with the iP4.