GPS issue since semi-restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chouffe, Jul 12, 2013.

1. chouffe macrumors newbie

Hello!

I used semi-restore to clean my iPhone 4s.
    I had to use semi-restore twice because tweaks and sources in cydia were still there after the first try.
    I reinstalled everything, apps and tweak and everything seemed to run nicely. Everything except gps which was totally unusable. Signal was lost every 2 seconds while before the semi-restore everything was fine for GPS.

Therefore I ran semi-restore again to check if gps was ok in an empty device. Again, signal was not stable at all and native GPS was unusable.

I tried some things and I found out that deactivating 3G resolves the problem :confused: GPS signal is perfect then but when I activate 3G again, signal is out again...

Did anyone experienced this issue ? Do you have any idea how to resolve it ?

Thanks for your help !

2. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Do not know the fix. But you may want to go to apps and get Waze it is 10 times better than the GPS that came on your phone. :)

3. chouffe thread starter macrumors newbie

I already got waze and I totally agree with you ;)
    The gps problem is happenning with every gps applications :(

4. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

After some research on the internet, I found instructions which seem to resolve the matter for some users:

Navigate to Settings>General>Network>Enable 3G and toggle to “OFF”

Locate yourself using the iPhone 3G’s GPS receiver

Navigate to Settings>General>Network>Enable 3G and toggle to “ON”

Now the GPS should be running fine even with 3G enabled.

5. chouffe thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but I did that a couple of times. When I toggle on 3G again, signal is lost instantly :confused: