Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

getagrip15

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
North Carolina
Wondering if anyone else has run into this isssue. Since upgrading to the iOS15 public beta, my GPS seems to get stuck at my current position. For example , if I get in the car and start driving, Maps (and Google Maps, Waze, etc) will still show my position like I’m still at my house. After about 5 minutes (this varies) my position finally updates correctly. Any clue on what might be causing the delay?

getagrip15

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
North Carolina
Yeah, looks like the location services options are all in order. Like I said, after a while it starts to work. It’s just when I initially start to use Maps, Google Maps, etc. This behavior started right after updating to the iOS15 beta. Really strange.

• Wow
Reactions: dk001

madrabbitt

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2021
literally just registered to say "same"

I'm noticing its most prominent on apple maps during navigation, it either freezes or gets stuck on my starting position, but rarely it also also gets stuck during the drive itself.

It is also showing the direction i'm facing incorrectly more often then usual, even at speed.

I have only noticed this since the last beta, about a month ago.

Switching to waze and it seems to work correctly.

TouchedByAl

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Salt Lake City
I had this issue come up today with my saved parking space in Maps. It was showing my car at the entrance and not where it was. I quit navigating at the entrance so maybe that was it. Otherwise gps has been fine for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.