GPS Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ukms, Nov 10, 2017.

1. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

Anyone been having issues with GPS on an X, 8 or 8+ ?

I use Waze and Google Maps a lot, I’ve noticed that the location has been very jumpy and inaccurate at times. Something I had never experienced before with my 7+

Anyone been experiencing the same ?

I’ve picked up a few posts in the support forums about this with Apple apparently acknowledging the problem and exchanging devices. Indicating it’s software related but no fix right now and doesn’t affect all devices ?

2. jsmitty macrumors 6502

jsmitty

Exact same thing happens with my X on Waze and Apple Maps. I also use MileCatcher to automatically track mileage and most drives don’t even register since I switched from my 7+.

I chatted with Apple support last night and they asked me to take 3 screen shots dropping a pin where I actually am compared to where the app says I’m located. Very difficult (and dangerous) to do while driving alone.

I’m interested to hear if others have this issue and if anyone sees any solution.

3. rider900 macrumors newbie

rider900

Just tried with Apple maps and google maps on my X and they both appear to be accurate with no problems? Like op said maybe this is just on some devices.

I hope it gets fixed for you soon though!

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

I use waze 2 hours a day and no issues for me. Have read of others with your issue though.