GPS Location

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cmgallacher, Aug 14, 2008.

1. cmgallacher macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

I keep trying to use the iPhone 3G's GPS Map function but the obli thing I keep getting is the large blue circle. It is no longer pinpointing my location. Location Service is on.
    Any suggestions?

2. odp1979 macrumors member

odp1979

Sometimes if you're in an apartment building it won't find your exact position. It works flawlessly when you're in a car though. Just go outside or in your car and try it.

3. cmgallacher thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

it works at home but not at school. Thanks for the advice

4. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

It generally needs a pretty clear view of the sky to get the GPS signal, though I can get it in my house (no attic, wood roof). After I upgraded to 2.0.1, I lost the ability to get GPS, even outside. A restore fixed it, though, so all is good now. Prior to the restore, it behaved as described in the OP where I'd get the large crosshairs circle, but no pinpoint location.