Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Hi

iPhone 5

When using Maps to show a route while driving, I find the dot that marks my
position often gets 'stuck'. So I'm driving along and the dot is not moving along the road. It will then suddenly ' leap ' to the correct position.

If I manipulate the map ( zoom in / shift the map ) then the dot will also suddenly snap to the right position.

This is annoying as I can often drive past the road I want to turn on, as th dot is not showing my correct position.

ANy fix for this? it wasn't a problem in iOS6

Many thanks

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Hi

iPhone 5

When using Maps to show a route while driving, I find the dot that marks my
position often gets 'stuck'. So I'm driving along and the dot is not moving along the road. It will then suddenly ' leap ' to the correct position.

If I manipulate the map ( zoom in / shift the map ) then the dot will also suddenly snap to the right position.

This is annoying as I can often drive past the road I want to turn on, as th dot is not showing my correct position.

ANy fix for this? it wasn't a problem in iOS6

Many thanks

Sounds like interference. Do you have a new case on your phone? Try it without a case.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Stuke - Very thin plastic case that was fine before, thanks

Moz - Not assuming anything, merely saying a problem I now since upgrading, and hoping someone knows a solution

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Stuke - Very thin plastic case that was fine before, thanks

Moz - Not assuming anything, merely saying a problem I now since upgrading, and hoping someone knows a solution

Hard restart....then, if needed, "reset settings"....sometimes a "data dump" is all it needs to clear up the issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.