GPS?My experience is so different

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by note235, Jul 12, 2008.

1. note235 macrumors 6502a

Hi, I live in SeaTac and GPS works really well in the car.
    It tracks everything extremely well.
    Why did I hear vehicles don't work well?
    Thanks

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It's because when someone of high status (David Pogue) says GPS sucks when he's using it in a crowded ass city with huge buildings, he is going to say it's not that great. Then everyone who reads that spreads the word and gets the impression that GPS just sucks every where we go.

Truth is, if there is nothing blocking the view from the sky, GPS works perfectly. I get no lag when driving at about 65MPH. It takes a bit for it to get exactly on the road, as for a few seconds when i tried it out today it was following me, but in a field to the left :eek:

Overall, i like it. I'm satisfied.

3. Waterpolo820 macrumors regular

Yea same here, Driving along and it was within 5 feet from were I was, and NO SKIPPING, extremely awesome to watch!!

4. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

EYES ON THE ROAD! I can see a lot of car crashes because of no voice turn directions.

5. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

The GPS is fine. Everyone is just anal. It just gives something to whine about.

Next up.... there the UI opens up 200ns slower than before.

6. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I must be a real apple newb as I couldnt even figure out how to work the GPS. lol

The instruction book should be thick as hell for us iPhone newbs as I probably dont know half the things this wonderful device can do.

7. Juo100 macrumors regular

You might want to take a look at this video http://www.apple.com/iphone/guidedtour/ it’s a demonstartion on how to use pretty much everything. More interesting than reading an instruction manual.

8. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

It doesn't work for quite a few (myself included) so even with instructions it wouldn't help!

9. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

You noticed that too?

10. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Well, that will soon be solved with TeleNav's upcoming app.

If you haven't seen it: http://gizmodo.com/5024018/telenav-confirms-iphone-in+car-navigation-app

Full 3D maps with interactive navigation, AND REAL TIME VOICE-SPOKEN DIRECTIONS. Should be neat yes? This with a dashboard/windshield mount should solve our problems!

11. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Get the User Guide here:

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#iphone

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

These are probably the same people that break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend on a cell phone while driving 70 mph and don't realize the 15-car pileup they just caused.

13. frosse macrumors 6502a

Lucky I dont live in NY with all the high buildings then :)