GPS not working (iPhone 3G)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bisho 3G, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Bisho 3G macrumors newbie

Hello

when I use Turn-by-Turn navigation apps like (Sygic) it says "waiting for valid signal" and it NEVER find a signal !! I waited for like 20 minutes and no signal while my fiend's iPhone 3G connects to the satellite in seconds and works with all the navigation apps

In "Maps" app I noticed that the blue dot does appear BUT the little circles the ones supposed to appear like radio waves don't appear !! I think that mean approx. location !! while also my in friend's phone the blue dot + radio waves arround it appear

VIDEO EXPLAINS THE PROBLEM + BLUE DOT WAVES

"waiting for valid signal"
    [​IMG]

2. Bisho 3G thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Bisho 3G thread starter macrumors newbie

come on guys !!

I HAVE NO WARRANTY IN MY COUNTRY AND I CANT REPLACE IT

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I have the same problem on two iPhones. One is the 3GS and the other is the 1st generation iPhone.

I also tried this on my 3G iPhone and actually got it to work after closing the app and loading up the native maps app and then letting it locate me. I closed it and then went into settings and turned off location services and the turned it back. This isn't working on my 3GS or 1st generation phones though.

EDIT: I removed the app from my 3GS phone and then reinstalled it. I restarted the app and the same thing happened again. I waited a few minutes and the map now shows.

5. chaklee macrumors newbie

did u manage to get a gps signal?
    i too have the same prob..i installed sygic last night but no gps signal then i tried today morning and got the signal...later in the eve when i took it outside while driving i just could not get any signal! i also reset the settings and infact updated again with 3.0 and still no signal even on maps app!! :eek: