Gps not working!!! It displays inaccurate location

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mikeyd666, May 25, 2011.

1. Mikeyd666, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011

Mikeyd666 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3GS gps worked perfect until 5 days ago now:

My gps consistently displays wrong in maps And any app that uses location ue: loopt, fb, navigation, ...Etc

It places me in the same two locations exactly when Im home one 350" away one @ 2 miles ( same spots) unless I'm somewhere else then it's off by that same direction n distance also it does not show dot moving even while driving

Friends iPhone gps works perfect standing next to me.

I tried; soft boot, hard boot, reset networks, turn off/on location????

Help!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

2. saving107, May 25, 2011

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your problem, but if you would like someone else who might know help you, you might want to change your title.

saying that its "NOT working inaccurately" is stating that its working fine, say either "its not working accurately" or "its working inaccurately".

3. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Firs you should check with another GPS or GPS phone to see if the problem is the satellites. (It happened to me once, satellites can fail).

If the problem is the phone you will have to visit an Apple store to have it repaired.

4. JASApplications macrumors 65816

looks like a trip to the Genius Bar to get it sorted.

5. seajay96 macrumors 6502

Considering the system is used by the military to guide aircraft, ships and missiles around the world, there are 30 satellites in the sky, with 6-8 visible from any given location at any given time in the US and you only need 3 for a good 2D position, I don't think you had a problem with the satellites.

More than likely, there was local EM interference that blocked your GPS signal and could very well be the problem that the OP is experiencing.

6. RebeccaL, May 25, 2011

RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Maybe. The marks where off by about two blocks of distance and it was moving constantly even with the GPSs held in one place.

7. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

My iPhone 4 did this last week while in Monterey, along with my wife's. It said we were actually about 30 miles away in Aptos, CA. It corrected itself in about 10 minutes.

It's probably the government doing military testing on screwing with GPSs.

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee