GPS not working since 2.2 update!! :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by montecarloss919, Nov 23, 2008.

1. montecarloss919 macrumors member

Hi all

so i have the 3g, and i have location services on, and hit that nice little button to find my location, and now all i get is the big circle around my general area. I know for a fact it worked before the update but not it does not, and will not find my exact location

anyone have this problem/ have a fix for it?

Thank you!!

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

That's the cellular towers working.

Try restarting the phone and see what happens. Also make sure you are by a window.

You can always do a restore to by plugging the phone into iTunes and then hitting restore. 2.2 didn't break GPS for anyone else as far as i know.

3. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

Sorry you are having GPS issues since 2.2.

Mine on the otherhand is forking faster than fast. I turned location services on this afternoon while out driving around and it found me almost instantly.

I don't actually have the location servicing on much though because I never go any place cool. :D

Steve

4. TCorey macrumors newbie

Having a similar problem. GPS narrows to within a 10 block radius of my location, but never shows my exact location. Have tried restarting and turning off 3G, etc., but nothing seems to work.

5. Frozen001 macrumors newbie

I just tried it for the first time since upgrading to 2.2, and I get "Cannot Find Location"

It worked fine before I upgraded... :mad:

6. montecarloss919 thread starter macrumors member

exact same problem! grrr!!

7. Eluzion macrumors 6502

GPS is less effective for me as well. Hardly works in places it use to work all the time.