Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daytona

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
I have searched and read a few threads pertaining to GPS/Navigation apps. I see and read about on three. But they all seem to be originated in Europe....are there any US based App developers or software providers?

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
I have searched and read a few threads pertaining to GPS/Navigation apps. I see and read about on three. But they all seem to be originated in Europe....are there any US based App developers or software providers?

Any particular reason you won't use a European companies product? If it works well, does it matter where its made?

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
You've got to be kidding!!! Ever since Navigon release, there have been a few other apps released and MANY threads on the topic. Search again, my friend.

daytona

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
Any particular reason you won't use a European companies product? If it works well, does it matter where its made?

My thought is ...Euro based CO does not have the same grip on the US as they do Euro....
Other than that no particular reason.

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
TomTom is European
Navigon is European
Sygic is European
iGo is European

Anyway, the sat nav maker is not really that important in terms of maps etc, only the features they provide

Maps are mainly made by either TeleNav or NavTeq - TeleNav is European, NavTeq is American although both have international offices

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.