GPS/PGP email in apple mail for Tor sites?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joecool99, Dec 11, 2013.

1. joecool99 Suspended

joecool99

how to setup GPS/PGP for apple mail (or other client) on mac OSX 10.9 ?

2. prisstratton macrumors 6502a

prisstratton

I have just started looking into this myself, but I have not implemented anything yet.

First, I would download the GPG Suite of tools from this site:

https://gpgtools.org/

It is compatible with Mavericks. I checked your home page and you seem to be technically inclined, so I would look at the Support Page >> Knowledge Base on the site. They have several tutorials and other info posted there.

……..and if you get this setup before I do, then please report back your findings.

Hope it helps.

3. joecool99 thread starter Suspended

joecool99

yes, i'm aware of that web and will be working on it next week.
    i'll post details as i go if noone does.

4. Jon-PDX macrumors regular

If I remember correctly GPGtools automatically integrates it's self into MacMail. For Thunderbird I had to install the Enigmail extension. I tested the setup and it works without issues. I've also used it to encrypt files on my local system.

The only issue I've ever had, which is true for most 3rd party encryption, is I can't get any of the folks I exchange email or text with to use encryption. :(

Here is the direct link to the GPGtools getting started guide…
    http://support.gpgtools.org/kb/how-to/first-steps-where-do-i-start-where-do-i-begin

Note: If you want to play with it before actually putting it into service just make a "test" key and don't bother uploading it to the key server. You don't even have to use your real name or email address if you don't want to.

As far as using Tor sites, I've never used Tor so can't comment on that.

Jon…