GPS Poor in Apps

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Futhark, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

I have been testing Apple Maps, TomTom Sat Nav & Fog of World in iOS 9 since Beta 1 on an iPhone 6 Plus but the GPS has been very slow and even unresponsive at times, Making it awkward for navigation as it wasn't being updated accurately making your location jump about on screen or even stick in a location for several seconds before jumping to the correct location. Fog of world shows this off by leaving fog on areas you've just driven on but it doesn't remove it. Hope to see this fixed ASAP as it seems this problem to be all the way through from Beta 1 for me.

2. Thomi2 macrumors newbie

It might be because the apps you are testing are not yet optimized for iOS 9.
    I suppose once the final release is rolled out your location apps will work just as they did before.

The point here is considering that Apple Maps is an Apple pre-installed app, it should not be concerned about these problems or it has not been updated yet nor improved for iOS 9

3. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Yeah that's what I was thinking i could understand Fog and TomTom but the Apple Maps had the exact same issue. I've reported it anyway just because it's been like this too long in the Betas

4. Hatton920 macrumors regular

I'm a driver in the uk and not had a problem with tomtom on iOS 9 unless I have low power mode turned on which causes the screen to turn off while navigating. this is a iPhone 6 64gb.

5. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Same here with TomTom and the latest public beta of iOS 9

Drove from NC to Texas and back with no GPS issues.

6. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Oh dear I'm glad it's been working fine for you guys. Definitely been an issue for me though.