GPS signal strength

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by germanguy, Jun 23, 2009.

1. germanguy macrumors regular

So has the GPS signal strength improved on the iPhone 3Gs? On my 3G, i lost my GPS signal frequently when I traveled to Downtown Boston.

2. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

My GPS locks on far faster on my 3GS than on my 3G. That could just be a function of the processor and stuff, so take that for what it's worth.

3. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I posted in another thread, but I've had consistent 3G with 3-5 bars since last Friday when I got the 3G S. I haven't been on Edge yet. :)

4. germanguy thread starter macrumors regular

It is not the locking on speed that I am concerned about, but the ability to maintain the GPS lock in an area with tall buildings.

5. germanguy thread starter macrumors regular

I am referring to GPS not 3G

6. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Yes, I know. I don't have experience with that. I was just bringing up locking speed for you to decide if there is any correlation between the speed of fixing on satellites and maintaining the connection with those satellites.

7. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

I noticed that my 3G's GPS doesn't lock on since upgrading to 3.0 as well as it did with 2.2.1. I wonder if there is a bug in it. Doesn't matter if its with the Maps app or a stand alone GPS program. Anyone else noticing this?