Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supp0rtLinux

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I've been doing quite a bit of searching and can't find any good, real-time GPS s/w for Leopard. I have a 15'' MBP and a good bluetooth GPS unit. Basically, I'm looking for something like MS's Streets and Maps or Google Earth... something that looks good and works good and has street maps and that can dynamically update in real-time through my BT GPS adaptor. I understand that the paid version of Google Earth can use GPS adaptors, but I haven't been able to figure out if it does so on the Mac versus Windows only. Ideally, I would like to see something like you get with most vehicle GPS solutions... a map that moves as you do. Am I just missing something? Is there a current, and decently priced software out there I'm not seeing and that will work with a third party GPS transceiver? Am I the only one that sees huge amounts of GPS wares for mobile phones and Windows, but not for the Mac?

Supp0rtLinux

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I looked into RouteBuddy. Seems like about the only good s/w out there, but is $100 for the app and $50 more just for US maps. Oh well, their demo is free so I guess its worth a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.