GPS still not working since upgrade!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by montecarloss919, Feb 3, 2009.

1. montecarloss919 macrumors member

Hey all! i have a 3g but the GPS isn't working correctly. It looks like a non-3g phone and how it gives you a larger circle, but wont ever give me the specific GPS Dot like it used to. Anyone else have this problem? Thank you!

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Mine is working fine, I just used the Maps to show me route to where I wanted to eat earlier. Pretty accurate here, location based in Seattle.

3. Miker2k macrumors regular

Seems to be working fine for me. I've been some places before where it exhibits symptoms like you're describing but I have chalked it up to being out in the middle of knowhere..... once I get to civilization is seems to work great.... even post 2.2.1.

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Try giving the app a force quit (hold home until it disappears to home page) and then try again. Sometimes it can take a while to lock on to you.

5. montecarloss919 thread starter macrumors member

tried it...and tried waiting...no luck :(

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Maybe it's time to give Apple a call? Or a visit to your local Apple store.

7. montecarloss919 thread starter macrumors member

i tried! which stinks because in the apple store they are obviously indoors so the GPS most likely wouldnt work there in the first place

8. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

Unless this Apple store you speak of is built in an underground lair or has a force field around it, then you should be able to get a GPS dot.

Last time I brought my iPhone to the Apple store, it was because my phone froze up and would not go beyond the Apple logo upon start up. I told them my situation and they gave me a brand new iPhone without even looking into my problem.