Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
Ya never know. One day you might need it as a backup. Came in handy when my iPhone just died out of nowhere

Now to think of it, you're right. Last week I somehow locked my keys in my car with the car running, phone inside but Watch on my wrist so I was able to call for back up to bring my spare lol.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Now to think of it, you're right. Last week I somehow locked my keys in my car with the car running, phone inside but Watch on my wrist so I was able to call for back up to bring my spare lol.
Emergency use cases are always my priority. If I can justify the cost because one day, it may save my a$$ that one time I need it most, then it’s worth it. All the other perks that come along with it are cream cheese.

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
I went with LTE to be on the safe side. It also only cost 4.5$/month where I live and I can activate/deactivate at will through self-service without any fees.

i did not use the cell because i travel over sea and G i forget to turn it off ATT will hit me with a bill that i can't afford

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Yes but as I understand Apple Watch cannot roam.
Living in a city I never encounter this as an issue unless I’m going on a trip outside of my normal day to day life. If you live in a more rural area this I could see as being an issue.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Living in a city I never encounter this as an issue unless I’m going on a trip outside of my normal day to day life. If you live in a more rural area this I could see as being an issue.

In the city I also do not need to Roam. It’s just when I visit the mountains or Alaska that I need to roam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.