iPhone XS Max GPS way off only at home

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jjk454ss, Apr 24, 2019.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

My GPS recently stopped being accurate at home. It’s not an issue with my iPhone or iPad, I don’t think, they both do it. Certain apps will say GPS not found, and if I use Apple Maps or Google maps it shows my location miles off. It’s only in my house, if I go outside it’s fine, but I’m not sure what’s changed to cause interference. I’m assuming that’s what it is, and is there anything else that might cause this? What type of things should I look at? Certain apps will say GPS not found, and if I use Apple Maps or Google maps it shows my location miles off. It’s only in my house, if I go outside it’s fine, but I’m not sure what’s changed to cause interference. I’m assuming that’s what it is, and is there anything else that might cause this? What type of things should I look at? Thanks

2. tjv82c macrumors newbie

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

It seems like it sometimes fixes it if I toggle it off, or just disconnect from Wi-Fi, but not every time

4. tjv82c macrumors newbie

Sorry for the late reply, I didn’t get the response notification!

https://www.maketecheasier.com/google-know-where-wifi-router/

Have you moved recently or installed a new wifi point?
    The fact that it doesn’t happen everytime throws a bit of a spanner in my theory, but it’s my best guess?

Generally this should fix it self eventually.

If you go to other locations with known wifi networks, do you get the same problem? Or is it just at your place?

5. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

This might be it. It hasn’t done it for a few days, so maybe it’s fixed. Thank you for the help