GPS weather - detect your location and update weather accordingly suggestion?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TwoBytes, Dec 27, 2008.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

just a suggestion for the weather app

Apple's philosophy is have things work for you - simple, automatic software.
    why not have the weather app detect where you are 'use location' like other apps, and display the weather where YOU are instead of users inputting weather automatically?

apps like accuweather do this which lots of people download for this reason. Yes, have custom locations, but wouldn't it be nice to have the phone detect where you are? especially if you are a traveller business or alike.

what do you think for iphone v3?

2. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Since you can get free apps which do this, what's the point?

3. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

The built-in weather app really needs lots of updates to compete with some of the available apps from the AppStore or even some of the online websites tailored to the iPhone. That is just one of many updates that would be nice.

In the meantime, I am LOVING the AccuWeather.com app!

4. KidneyMerchant macrumors member

You mean the iPhone v4? The v1 and v2 were different, although I can't remember what the difference was.

5. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

the point is not to download lots of apps to slow the phone down. Would be a neat addition. Apple always have to do updates, this is my suggestion for the weather aspect of the phone

6. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Lots of apps slow down the phone? I hadn't noticed since they're not all running at the same time. Nonetheless, I agree this should have been something the built-in weather app should do.

7. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Exactly how do more apps slow the phone down?:rolleyes:

Perhaps Apple is leaving room for developers to create software. If Apple added this feature, then people would whine it doesn't have radar. Supply radar, then why not hourly forecasts. IOW, an endless cycle of whining.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So your solution to not have more applications is for Apple to release ANOTHER application? Not really sure I follow your logic there

9. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

no, you didn't follow the thread.