GPS Woes: AT&T blames Apple; Apple blames AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kevinmchale, Jul 6, 2015.

1. kevinmchale macrumors newbie

The GPS on my iPhone 6 hasn't been working for months now. I did when I got it, but it stopped being accurate at some point. It's usually a few hundred yards off and real time navigation is impossible. (It's not a satellite interference issue - my wife's works perfectly) I've tried everything I can find to resolve the situation. Nothing has worked.

I finally brought it into AT&T for help as the closest Apple store is about 3 hours away. They told me the problem was with Apple and I had to deal with their support. So... I called apple, and they blamed AT&T; saying I needed a carrier update.

Seems like both are trying to pass the buck. Any idea where the problem actually lies? Advice?

Thanks!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Talk to Apple as the phone is ultimately their product and get them to work on it or exchange it. I believe they can do it by mail.

3. chabig macrumors 68040

I would apply the carrier update as instructed, and if it doesn't work then, talk to Apple.

4. kevinmchale thread starter macrumors newbie

I would do an update, but there is none available. Sounds like I need to get to an Apple Store.

5. kevinmchale thread starter macrumors newbie

That's where I was leaning. Thanks!