Gps?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by katie ta achoo, Apr 30, 2007.

1. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

So, I think this is a Mac peripheral. It's a white GPS unit. I guess it belongs here.

Here's the deal: I'm HORRID with directions. Abso-bloody-lutely terrible with directions, and I get lost in my own city. That I've lived in for 19 years. Seriously. If anyone knows the Houston area, I was in River Oaks, tried to get home to SW houston and ended up at 290 @ 610. It was not the first time.
    And don't even try to help me if I'm not in my own city! Pages and pages of mapquests and googlemaps and I still get lost and it's all around terrible!

So, I'm at Fry's the other day and see the Mio C310x. It's super-cheap (like me) and white (like my apple products), and knows how to get around Houston (not like me).
    I've read reviews and it's been pretty well-received from what I've read.
    Can anyone think of any down-sides to this baby?

Imagine it: KT driving around strange parts of houston and not getting lost. Being able to get to point B from point A and not stopping for directions at point A' and giving up after a half hour of being lost.

Paper maps don't do it for me. If I don't know where I am, I can't find it on a paper map!! And even then, I don't know where to go, they don't fold up easily, and they don't automagically update and I can't install maps of, like, Mexico and stuff in them.

What do y'all think of this little GPS guy? It says supplies are limited so I'm a little scurred and want to go tomorrow to pick it up. But it could say supplies are limited, just so I'll go pick it up, and then they laugh and laugh at me as I head home, not getting lost.

Danke Schen. :D

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

I would say go for it. What do you have to lose? If you don't like it return it for a refund. I personally use a Peecc for my directions since I travel alot. What I use is Microsoft streets trips 2007 with the USB gps since I couldn't find Mac support for the gps receiver

3. Trogloxene macrumors regular

Sales tactic #372 ;)