gpSPhone and NES Help! gba_bios.bin; where? NES doesn't save games?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kametan, Sep 2, 2008.

1. kametan macrumors newbie

I know I'm suppose to save somewhere like var/mobile/Applications/gpSPhone.app, but what I access the var/mobile/ directory I don't see an "applications" folder. The first folder I see is "backups."

Did I do something to my phone that I can't fix? I've restored, but it still doesn't show.

Also, how do I know I've got the right gba_bios.bin file?

And how do I save NES games? I push "Save Game," but it never saves. Do I need to add a file somewhere?

2. Do I make you macrumors member

gpsphone is supposed to be in /Applications
    and set the nes emulator and roms folder and nes roms folder to permissions 777

3. kametan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah. I see, I see! Thank you! I managed to fix it! :)

Now if anybody has any suggestions for saved games? 'Though that's not as important as actually getting to roms to work. :p

Thank you!

4. Do I make you macrumors member

Make sure your NES roms are in /var/mobile/Media/ROMs it has to be exactly like that... And change the permissions for the NES rom folder to 775

5. kametan thread starter macrumors newbie

Er... What do you mean "change permissions to 775?" What are they and how do I change them? :confused:

6. soup4you2 macrumors regular

since you are not writing to the roms it's self should the permissions not be 555?

to change them once your SSH'd in execute:

#chmod 555 /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/*

7. kametan thread starter macrumors newbie

I managed to change the permissions, but the files still won't save. :confused: Am I doing something wrong? I set them to 555 on the NES.app via Cyberduck.

8. yogiUK macrumors member

yogiUK

argghh.. this is really annoying me now. ive tried at least 4 different pokemon sapphire roms, but everytime i click to load them it comes up with something about need gameboy advance something and incorrect ios image?
    does anyone have a cluee?

9. buges1092 macrumors newbie

ok i need help

when i blick on a game in the gpSPhone it says that it requires a gameboy adva image to run correctly..how to i get it to run correctly on my iphone?