GPU-intensive OS 9 Games

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by bunnspecial, May 8, 2016.

1. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Often times on here, we talking of GPU performance in OS 9.

I've managed to assemble a collection most(if not all) the high end OS 9-compatible video cards, but don't really know how to stress test them under than watching a program draw and rotate shapes on the screen :)

I've never been a big gamer, but would like to try some "turn of the century" games to give my hardware a good stress test. I've spent some time hunting the Garden, where games seem to either be mid-1990s(the much-maligned Rage 128 is more than enough for these) or 2003ish or later and are OS X only.

Ideally, I'm looking for some things from roughly 2000 or a little later that are OS 9 native, whether OS 9 only or carbonized. Hardware requirements are NOT an issue, as I have OS 9 hardware better than anything that was available from Apple and also have the "king" Geforce 4Ti(or a couple of them) along with some other high end cards like a Geforce 3 and Radeon 8500.

Availability on "the garden" would certainly be a plus, but I will also hunt things down on Ebay if need be. I'd appreciate any suggestions on this.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Myst. Riven. Myst 3. Simcity 2000. Eye of the Beholder. Doom. Diablo. Daggerfall (The Elder Scrolls).

Used to play those a lot around that timeframe.

3. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

Wipeout and Age of Empire II are two I've used to put the 9200 through it's paces under OS 9 on my 8600.

4. pochopsp, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016

pochopsp macrumors 6502

pochopsp

Tomb Raider games, Rayman 3, Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault, Clive Barker's Undying

5. G4fanboy, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  6. MrPilot macrumors 6502

7. val1984 macrumors member

Deus Ex maybe?
    OS9 native and never carbonized.

8. bunnspecial thread starter macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Thanks everyone for some titles and things to hunt down.