GPU Issues on rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by strausd, Jul 11, 2012.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

I just got my rMBP recently and it has been great. The only problem I am coming across is when I switch between different resolution. This never happens when the computer is using the 650M but only when using integrated graphics.

Sometimes it will be green like in the picture below and other times it will just be a bunch of random colors.

Anybody else having this problem?

Attached Files:

2. katmeef macrumors 6502

Nope sorry, I've not had that happen in 2 weeks.

3. tillsbury macrumors 65816

Definitely not seen that. Any weird applications running in the background? Otherwise I'd be on the phone to Apple seeing whether there's a hardware issue...

4. TLewis macrumors 65816

You may have a defective rMBP.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I haven't switched resolutions too much but I have and so far I've not seen anything like what you have. When I get home tonight, I'll be sure to do a more indepth test.

6. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Only on St Patrick's Day.

No seriously, changing resolution is my go-to method for clearing away any artifacts or problems I get when resuming from sleep.

Mine arrived a week after launch, so if it was a normal glitch I think I'd have encountered it by now.

7. Abhorred macrumors member

IMO, The best thing to do would be to contact Apple and pass on the photo. I've had different graphical problems on my MPBr, and they were excellent about setting up an exchange of systems.

8. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

I am using SwitchResX to change resolutions between 2048X1280 and back to default Retina. Could that be the problem?

9. katmeef macrumors 6502

Possibly? Maybe try uninstalling it for a bit to see if it happens again under the standard retina scaling settings?

10. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

I will need to try this, but right now I need to be able to use a different scaled resolution not offered in System Preferences.