GPUS and What are you looking for?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hawk1226, Jul 16, 2008.

1. hawk1226 macrumors member

I'll start off by apologizing to anyone who feels i'm being repetitive; however, after looking around the forum trying to understand the whole issue behind the current MBPs and their GPUs, I haven't really been able to grasp the whole situation. I'm aware there will be update soon to the MBP, but if it doesn't come soon enough i'm going to have to get the current generation for school. What exactly is the problem we're all concerned about...i'm a bit confused to what is happening...also if i'm going in there to get my computer, is there anything i can do to avoid this? I dont want my computer to die as soon as applecare ends, or is this just a problem with the current generation thats unavoidable? Please bare with me, sorry if my questions are basic. Thanks for those who take the time to answer.

-Evan

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

other than a instances of screen artifacts upon waking from sleep, there hasnt been any problems with the GPUs themselves, at least not mass failures. A lot of FUD is going around since Nvidia's press release. If there is mass failure of GPUs suddenly, Apple will hopefully respond just as they did with their Powerbook screens, Powermac G5 cooling systems, and batteries.

If you need it, get it.

you may reference this poll.

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Actually, I'm looking for a sexy Japanese lady with a wonderfully, fantastic if not dreamy personality,
    she can render me a smile everyday. it'll be much more interesting than the dam.n GPU.:p