GPush (Push for Gmail) is out!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Jayden0606, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

GPush (get your Gmail pushed with alerts) is out for the iPhone. in the store. Get it for .99 cents. http://bit.ly/CBvnR

2. andyhargreaves macrumors regular

Error
    Your credentials were refused by
    GMail, or the server experienced an
    error. Please resubmit.​

Anyone else tried this?

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

4. sgar macrumors newbie

I had the same error, but after several attempts it did accept it, working great now. Make sure once it accepts your login, not to open the program again.

5. andyhargreaves macrumors regular

Did you include ...@gmail.com or just your username?

6. sgar macrumors newbie

yes I did include the @gmail.com. Keep trying, it will eventually accept it.

7. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Yeah, it took me about 10 times to get it verified. Just keep trying.

8. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

I've tried about 50 times, no luck.. This sucks!:mad:

9. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

they're also releasing a premium version that supports multiple accounts and imap support. might as well just wait for that one.

10. andyhargreaves macrumors regular

I finally got it to accept my details, after literally hundreds of attempts. Now to see if anything pushes!

11. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Just kept hitting submit about 10 times then it worked! I have a gmail exchange server set up on my iPhone anyway so lets see if they both push at the same time!

12. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

It worked after about 4 tries for me. :)

It's working great! It takes about 5 seconds to get the notification from sending it from my girlfriend's iPhone to receiving the alert on mine.

Great app! Now they need to add the ability to directly open the mail app. That's something some twitter apps can do with other apps.

13. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Works here too - got an email about 2 seconds faster than my exchange account. As mentioned, just a shame theres no way to then open the mail app. I believe an enterprise version is coming but I'm not sure what features that will add....

14. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

what does the notification show you besides email address and subject? does it display a snippet of the actual email as well? I'm already using prowl which pushes my gmail but am wondering if this is worth it.

15. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I deleted it. What a waste of an app. Wouldn't push at all. AT ALL. Nothing. I erased it and reboot my phone and reinstalled it. Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

One star rating.

16. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

Really? It's working great for me. I've tried it out numerous times already and I've gotten every single notification after only a few seconds.

Are you sure you set it up correctly? Did you make sure you got the 'Successful' alert when inputting your Gmail details? Are your notifications switched on in your settings?

17. brian5 macrumors member

brian5

I have 4 Gmail accounts that I need to check so am not even going to try this until GPush supports more than one account. That seems to be a short-sighted limited -- I realize that this in only release 1.1.

18. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Agreed. I have 3 gmail accounts and all of them are of equal importance.

I really am wondering if Mail will ever get native push gmail. I mean it would be good for Apple because push does save a lot of battery.

19. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

I was searching for information about a possible update and I found the company's twitter account. They mention that they have a premium version in the app approval process at this point. They don't mention a price point, though.

They state that the premium version will support multiple accounts.

20. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Is this the only app that has push notifications for gmail? Are there any alternatives? I would hate to purchase this app to only learn later that there is something better available.

21. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Yes, and yes. I have about 12 push apps and they all work. This one did not.

22. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I was able to authenticate my account on the first try by NOT including the @gmail.com at the end of my userid.

UPDATE: I actually had to go back and enter the @gmail.com to get it to work properly. It seems to randomly authenticate each user's credentials. One minute it works and the next minute it doesn't work. Also, I sent myself an email several minutes ago and have yet to get a notification.

23. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Ok, this app is officially a bust and a waste of $.99. I have only received one notification and every time I open the app to check my settings it either says it can't authenticate me or it can't communicate with some server. I will be only giving this app 1 star.

24. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

It appears the App is now gone from App store.

25. xolan99 macrumors regular

wtf? was this app removed from the app store? i see it but can't buy it