Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fab5freddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Heaven or Hell
I wanted to grab some Jpgs from a Website built with Flash....
How can i do this ?

I was told there is a way to view the images in a browser,
but i can't seem to grab them organically ??

I don't want to take a screen grab, as the quality is less.....

thanks !

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
I was told there is a way to view the images in a browser,
but i can't seem to grab them organically ??

I don't want to take a screen grab, as the quality is less.....

You'll have to take a screen shot. The original images will have already been compressed into the flash slideshow or whatever, so as far as the internet is concerned, higher-quality versions dont exist.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
There should be minimal quality loss in a screen cap, as it just takes the pixels. That said, depending on what you are using the image for, this is copyright infringement, and there will be no-one more caring of this than people on a photography website.

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
AFAIK, the two ways that it can be built up is that either 1) the Flash file is just a slideshow interface and the jpgs are stored in a separate directory, or 2) the jpgs are stored inside the Flash file itself.

If it's 1, you might be able to see the location if you load the Flash into Safari and have a look at the activity monitor.

If it's 2, you'll have to download the Flash file and find an app that can extract data from it. (I don't know any offhand for OS X, you could try the Gordon Flash Decompiler...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.