Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
well my grad comments are due by tomorrow and i have no idea what to say :)

maybe a good quote ? something about my obsession with apple (which most people know about) or my future job as apple CEO.. hmm

what were your grad comments. if you remember ? any suggestions ?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yeah, I don't think any school I've ever been to has had those either. What are they? Is it a statement for the yearbook, or are you speaking at your graduation? Either way, congratulations in advance on your first step towards becoming the future CEO of Apple. ;)

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
dodonutter said:
Hate to sound so ignorant, but what's a grad comment??

lol. I was gonna ask the same thing...then dismiss it as "must be a UK thing". Then I see your location.

So are they like grades? Parent-teacher confrences? Clue me in :)

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
haha ok sorry i guess i just thought everyone did it..

pretty much all the grads get to have a 250 word comment/blurb/anything under their picture and name in the yearbook

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
goodtimes5 said:
Think different. Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

is this wat SJ said at Stanford ?

i like it.. i may use it, and of course quote SJ

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
been looking at some lennon quotes.. still cant decide..

still liking the steve jobs quote also..

arg!

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I say just quote from a great philosopher. Some that come to mind Sir Thomas More "Utopia", Niccolo Machiavelli "the Prince", Martin Luther "Ninety-Five Thesis", John Locke "Treatise of Civil Government", Thomas Hobbes "Leviathan", Immanuel Kant "Answer to the Question: What is Enlightenment?", Hugh Hefner "Playboy Philosophy":D or Baldassare Castiglione "the Book of the Courtier".

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
velocityg4 said:
I say just quote from a great philosopher. Some that come to mind Sir Thomas More "Utopia", Niccolo Machiavelli "the Prince", Martin Luther "Ninety-Five Thesis", John Locke "Treatise of Civil Government", Thomas Hobbes "Leviathan", Immanuel Kant "Answer to the Question: What is Enlightenment?", Hugh Hefner "Playboy Philosophy":D or Baldassare Castiglione "the Book of the Courtier".

lol too much research to do in too little time :p but thanks for the advice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.