Grade my site!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jake4ever, Mar 28, 2011.

1. jake4ever macrumors regular

Hello friends!

Can you please grade my website? It is for a small technology business. Thanks! Here's the site.

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

i'd give it a 6/10 currently.

At first view I thought it was an Apple reseller, as the images are of their products with a mac rumours news feed, reading through however I see you only offer one apple orientated option (and that's iOS) - sorry if I missed some more.

The images for the iPhone and Macbook have a strange outline, where it appears you used a PNG with a transparent background (?) but that's still showing up.

On the home page i'd expect to be able to click on the 'Services' in the 'Services we offer' list - as you can if you go to the full link.

I would also expect to be able to click on the images - not sure where it would take you though as the training doesn't actually relate to them.

Also I don't get the name :(

Sorry if that sounds harsh - but that's my opinion

3. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Site looks ok but seems more aimed at a young professional than someone wanting to out tech there kids.

Optimise your images and JavaScript the page is very slow.
    Even just a quick save to web from Photoshop CS5 on header_ip.png took it from 332KB to 33KB with no visible quality reduction. Other images are also large in file size for what they are that could do with improvement.

The page is also making far to many requests for my liking, once again optimise by combining images ether into composites, sprites(for nav. Better still replace with css styling.), and combine your JavaScripts into one minified file.

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

So is it a Mac site? :confused:

All the pics and several links are for Mac-related stuff. If you're offering services for PC's as well, or computers in general, I'd make it look more PC-friendly.

5. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I like how it looks, the colours and layout work together very nicely 7/10

The only thing I would check though is:
    1) The size of the images, they seem to load very slowly (well the background)
    2) Are there supposed to be drop shadows behind the iPhone and MBP on the main page?

6. cookie053177 macrumors newbie

cookie053177

Just in my opinion it could be better if you add images of a person/kid/personnel + computer. Straight to the point, easily understand, coz you put the most important catchy part of the site, which is the apple products in the middle which is totally not related to the services that you offer, and even if you do, it still look better with understandable image that is related to your service.

7. jake4ever thread starter macrumors regular