Gradebook freeware

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rdp5008, Jun 26, 2007.

1. rdp5008 macrumors regular

rdp5008

I've been searching around for a bit to find freeware that I can use for grading and keeping track of assignments.

I am a teaching assistant for labs, so I am not interested in spending money for a program.

Most of the programs I have come across are either outdated and/or have been updated to not be freeware. Anyone have any suggestions? I have to use blackboard to post grades and I need something to act as a backup (besides xcel). Thanks!

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The OP is an instructor who needs to record the grades of his students. The linked app is designed for students to keep track of their assignments and grades.

To the OP, I am aware of no free gradebook for the Mac--at least not one that is in any way useful. A nice simple one, however, is GradeKeeper, which is useful for a small number of students per class in unpaid mode. You may also search Versiontracker.com for gradebook to find other options.

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

My point to the OP was that you could easily adapt either a student specific program or even a project manager like Organise which are indeed possible solutions to what he wants that are free.