Gradient Problem

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wshld, Sep 1, 2007.

1. wshld macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I'm very pleased with my new iMac. It's been a little less than a month that i have it. There is only one problem. The gradients look like f***ing crap. I mean, they look ver ackward. Say i make a white/black one, well there will be a 25px black line, then a 20px dark grey, then lighter grey line. It looks "choppy". Like there are different color steps. It's not smooth as a gradient should be.

I tried to adjust the monitor settings but nothing worked so far. What's the problem and is there any solution ? Is there a way i can adjust the graphic card settings ?

Thank you

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There are some "known issues" regarding this... (i.e. that are characteristics / limitations of the design and apparently not manufacturing or quality defects) see this thread:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1017&thread=24321625

To see if what you have is what was already known about or something worse. If possible, take a digital photograph of the screen and post it.

3. wshld thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I have the same problem. Tho i can't afford those programs to calibrate my screen. Is there any other solution...?

4. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

There's some different display profiles people here have made and uploaded that are supposed to look better than the default settings. You could try those if you are unable to calibrate it yourself.

5. jonkemerer macrumors member

Hey wshld, do you have the 20" or the 24"? Just curious.

6. wshld thread starter macrumors newbie

Got a 20"