Graduating? Adobe CS5 Education Discounts?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sammyman, May 13, 2010.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I am graduating this week, and I called my university bookstore and told them I wanted to pickup a copy of CS5. He told me they were not in stock yet, but should be next week at which time I would be graduated, and therefore not eligible since Adobe checks whether I am enrolled every time you register software. Could this be true? Seems a little harsh since I am graduating this week, and the software comes next week.

2. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

if you buy the CS5 suite at academicsuperstore and then send in a copy of your photo id this week, you'll be covered for a year as long your id doesn't mention you're graduating. I know it's not your bookstore and you'll have to pay shipping charges but...

3. Penn Jennings macrumors 6502

Just remember that the Photo ID has to show a date.. or you will need some sort of paper work with a date.

If you don't have anything with a date, it MIGHT be worth it to register for a single class, fax a copy of the paper work and drop the class all on the same day.

http://www.adobe.com/education/students/studentteacheredition/eligibility.html

4. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have a student ID, but I don't have a date on it, and I don't really want to register for more classes. Does that mean I am hosed? Do they check with the university in my situation?