Grainy Photos with 9.7" iPP Rear Camera !

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Though Apple has bumped up the 9.7" iPad Pro rear camera to 12 Megapixels, when I took some sample pictures today it looked to me very grainy and the detailing was just not there ! It just appeared very grainy ! (With the Pixels appearing very clearly dot...dot...dot in the photo) Do you guys also think so ? Are you guys happy with the picture quality of the 9.7" iPad Pro's rear camera ? I thought it sucks !

frogger2020

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2006
Though Apple has bumped up the 9.7" iPad Pro rear camera to 12 Megapixels, when I took some sample pictures today it looked to me very grainy and the detailing was just not there ! It just appeared very grainy ! (With the Pixels appearing very clearly dot...dot...dot in the photo) Do you guys also think so ? Are you guys happy with the picture quality of the 9.7" iPad Pro's rear camera ? I thought it sucks !
Probably too little light. The iPad cameras have small CCDs that have poor light gathering so you end up with grainy photos. Try outside in full sun and you should get better photos.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
You don't own a 9.7" iPad Pro so how did you come up with yet another thread in your obvious on-going slagging of the device?
A friend has lent me for a day !
[doublepost=1462978863][/doublepost]
Probably too little light. The iPad cameras have small CCDs that have poor light gathering so you end up with grainy photos. Try outside in full sun and you should get better photos.
Even in a properly lit place ? I mean artificial lighting not sunlight ?

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Sure he has - your track record on slagging the 9.7 iPP betrays you.
Dude ! Bro ! There is no track record here, that we are talking about and Listen I am not even saying for a moment that it is a bad product infact it is a wonderful product but I am saying what kind of limitations does it have ! Don't put words in my mouth which I don't mean !

ericwn

macrumors 603
Apr 24, 2016
Can you share some examples with us please? I'm interested to see those pics too! Cheers!

frogger2020

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2006
A friend has lent me for a day !
[doublepost=1462978863][/doublepost]

Even in a properly lit place ? I mean artificial lighting not sunlight ?
It depends on how much artificial light there is. Your eyes can compensate for low light situations, but cameras can't.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
It depends on how much artificial light there is. Your eyes can compensate for low light situations, but cameras can't.
Yeah but when I say artificial lighting I mean it had enough of that artificial lighting of course it was not sunlight !

frogger2020

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2006
Yeah but when I say artificial lighting I mean it had enough of that artificial lighting of course it was not sunlight !
What I mean is that you could be in low light, but your eyes compensate for that and you perceive it to be adequate lighting.

redman042

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2008
I have noticed more low-light graniness than I expected too, but haven't taken the time to compare a shot taken with the iPad vs my 6s Plus. Might just be that the larger display of the iPad makes the grain much more obvious (which it certainly would). Maybe I'll take a comparison shot tonight.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Post the photos in question so people can judge. I've tried it in low light and mine outperforms my iphone6 .. It's still a tiny sensor though it's not going to work miracles. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.