Grainy Photos with 9.7" iPP Rear Camera !

Discussion in 'iPad' started by augustya, May 11, 2016.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Though Apple has bumped up the 9.7" iPad Pro rear camera to 12 Megapixels, when I took some sample pictures today it looked to me very grainy and the detailing was just not there ! It just appeared very grainy ! (With the Pixels appearing very clearly dot...dot...dot in the photo) Do you guys also think so ? Are you guys happy with the picture quality of the 9.7" iPad Pro's rear camera ? I thought it sucks !

2. RedOrchestra, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016

RedOrchestra Suspended

You don't own a 9.7" iPad Pro so how did you come up with yet another thread in your obvious on-going slagging of the device?

3. frogger2020 macrumors regular

Probably too little light. The iPad cameras have small CCDs that have poor light gathering so you end up with grainy photos. Try outside in full sun and you should get better photos.

4. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

A friend has lent me for a day !
    --- Post Merged, May 11, 2016 ---
    Even in a properly lit place ? I mean artificial lighting not sunlight ?

5. RedOrchestra Suspended

Sure he has - your track record on slagging the 9.7 iPP betrays you.

6. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Dude ! Bro ! There is no track record here, that we are talking about and Listen I am not even saying for a moment that it is a bad product infact it is a wonderful product but I am saying what kind of limitations does it have ! Don't put words in my mouth which I don't mean !

7. ericwn macrumors 6502a

Can you share some examples with us please? I'm interested to see those pics too! Cheers!

8. frogger2020 macrumors regular

It depends on how much artificial light there is. Your eyes can compensate for low light situations, but cameras can't.

9. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Yeah but when I say artificial lighting I mean it had enough of that artificial lighting of course it was not sunlight !

10. frogger2020 macrumors regular

What I mean is that you could be in low light, but your eyes compensate for that and you perceive it to be adequate lighting.

11. redman042 macrumors 68020

I have noticed more low-light graniness than I expected too, but haven't taken the time to compare a shot taken with the iPad vs my 6s Plus. Might just be that the larger display of the iPad makes the grain much more obvious (which it certainly would). Maybe I'll take a comparison shot tonight.

12. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

Post the photos in question so people can judge. I've tried it in low light and mine outperforms my iphone6 .. It's still a tiny sensor though it's not going to work miracles. :)