Grammar Mistakes in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by celticpride678, Aug 3, 2009.

1. celticpride678

Safari already has a spell checker, but why not grammar? Does anyone know of an app-on that adds a grammar checker to Safari 4.0.2? Thanks.

2. devburke Guest

Edit -> Spelling and Grammar -> Check Grammar with Spelling

Attached Files:

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Is there even one for Office or Pages or any other word editing software?

Grammar is a more sophisticated problem than just spelling, it has to do with the right position of words in a sentence and the right tense and many more varieties of a language.

@ devburke: Does that even work? The next sentence will be completely out of order, and I promise you, Safari will not recognize a thing except spelling:
    Bird the over flew a nest of cuckoos resting while in danger nurse mortal lived a.

Yep, no sign of Safari checking some kind of grammar.

4. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

WOW. I checked everything and could not find anything. Thanks a lot!!!!!:D Smart Me :)

Hello? devburke found it! Thanks a lot man.

5. devburke Guest

Haha glad I could help! Leopard added grammar support, although from what I've been able to tell, it's not as sophisticated as grammar support built into a product like Word. But it's something, and should only get better in future updates.

6. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Yeah. I have already noticed it is not great, but it is a start. It will get better like you said through updates to Safari. Thanks again.

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Hello back.

What does this "grammar check" check? I'm just curious, as English is not my country's tongue.

8. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I have noticed it checks extra spaces and incorrect punctuation. Then again, only been using it for 10 minutes.