Grammarian... well I got it and it seems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nadinbrzezinski, Oct 9, 2007.

1. nadinbrzezinski macrumors member

to work fine, for whoever was asking. I write for a living, so having a good editor is critical, and these days that editor is you.

I know somebody asked, and the best part, I can use it in all applications and it is far stronger than the native checkers.

:D

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Thanks for the feedback mate. Does it even work in Microsoft Office? If so, I'm impressed. Office is pretty bad when it comes to playing nicely with other apps.

3. nadinbrzezinski thread starter macrumors member

It should... but I have not tried it using the 30 day trial

The way it works is that you highlight the area to check and it does it internally. The final step, it asks you whether you want it to paste it back to the document.

4. Philsy macrumors 6502a

Yes, it does, although it occasionally causes Word to crash with long documents with my Mac. Also works with pretty well every other app you type into.

I like Grammarian for spell and grammar checking, but I've turned off the annoying check as you type - it goes 'Whoops' every five seconds!

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Thanks for the feedback. It's appreciated. Hopefully it doesn't crash Word terribly often or at inconvenient times. I actually find Word to be a pretty stable app, in general. :)