Gran Turismo CD in MacBook problems...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by balang47, Jan 4, 2009.

1. balang47 macrumors newbie

Ive tried using the PCSX Emulator to play my Gran Turismo 1 CD i have but the computer doesnt read the disk. Ive heard of many people successfully running PSX games on their mac and even the CD icon appearing in the desktop but ive tried many different PSX game CDs and nothing appears i doesnt read them... i have a MacBook Black, any help or info is much appreciated.

Ben

2. rukus macrumors member

i believe they play using roms, downloaded disc images, not the actual discs. i could be wrong though,

3. balang47 thread starter macrumors newbie

im quite sure they use the actual psx cds... anyone have any experience in this.

4. balang47 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I use an emulator on windows, but not osx. I know it require you to have a BIOS fle.

6. Theophany macrumors 6502

Theophany

You need the relevant BIOS to the region of the disc you are using (PAL, NTSC...). PCSX can run from both disc images and CDs and, in my experience, the only difference between the two was the noise of the disc spinning up whilst loading. I don't see why PCSX for Mac would be any different.

Bear in mind that the PCSX for Mac is still beta and is unlikely to ever be finished. If the disc works on your PSX but not on your Mac, I'm not sure what to suggest really. There is no reason why the Mac's drive wouldn't be able to read the disc as far as I am aware. Do other PSX games work with the emulator, or is it just GT?