Gran Turismo

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Oct 4, 2009.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I've been playing a ton of Gran Turismo PSP this weekend (surprisingly, more than Motorstorm!) and I have to admit, I'm addicted. I was a bit unsure about this game at first (no campaign, no online, random selection of cars) but I love the way it plays.

I like the idea of having a random car selection after every two(ish) races because then it won't take be days to pick a car. Instead of trying to pick a new car based on 800+ I just need to pick one out of ~25. I've done a ton of races, have about 16 cars (including one minivan!), and can't stop playing.

I've got a PSP 2000 and did the UMD install option (which copies 900mb of the game to your memory stick) and it was totally worth it. Loading is fast, and I don't need to listen to that UMD all the time.

I just wish I had my Ferrari Enzo, but Amazon didn't send me my DLC code yet.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Addicted! Mini rant but why does this get garbled on the internet. Something is addictive, someone is addicted, no such word as addicting.

How does it compare to GT2? And how does it work without the campaign, do you just run tracks, unlock a new vehicle, rinse and repeat?

3. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Can't compare to GT2, but for me it is pretty much 'do stuff, unlock stuff, and so on'. I would say it is fully deserving the ~80% ratings it is getting. Solid but disappointing ... and really not worth $40 unless you are a fan of the series already.

My review is here, and as I say, it isn't in my top 5 PSP racing games (though it IS #6 ;) )

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i also have this game for my psp-1000. i haven't played it a ton, but i do like it so far. i have about 4 cars, and have done about 5-6 races so far. i really like it. glad i bought it

5. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well sorrryyyyyyy about my typo. I was tired. Yes, it is pretty much race, buy, race, buy, but I've always liked the tuning options in GT games, and all of that is still here. So I usually mess around trying to tune a car and just keep trying to beat my laps. Also, the challenges are pretty good. It's just the basic "stop in the box" or "make it around the corner" challenges that are in the other games, but they are quick, easy, and you get a good amount of credits for a gold.

With my credit for buying Halo ODST (on Amazon) I payed $21.99, and it was worth it, but I would pay more. It really just depends on if you like racing sims like GT or not. I think all your cars can be transferred to GT5 when that comes out.

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah i've raced some more and bought some more cars. so far i still like this game. can't wait for GT5 also