Grand Cayman (BWI) + T-Mobile = ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Benjamindaines, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

If I were to take a T-Mobile phone to Grand Cayman would it work and if so what kind of roaming charges would I encounter? Also, what should I be looking to pay for text messages sent from there?

--Thanks

2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I have T-Mobile. I think roaming charges are .49 cents a minute, and texts (if you do get service) should remain the same cost.

Did you check T-Mobile's site? If you really need to know this you should probably call them up.

3. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I would be buying the $15 unlimited domestic messages package so I was wondering if they would charge more per text in another country. I didn't see anything about international coverage on their website (but I know they have it because it's a service you can get) and I find seeing if anyone knows here first easer than calling them or driving over to a store.

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I go to Canada every year, and use my phone up there. Text messages are the same. No roaming charges for those. You should be fine. I was up there last week and just checked my current bill on My T-Mobile. The one-minute call I made up there was $0.49 (their regular roaming cost).

Are you sure you can get service there? When I go up to Canada, it sometimes switches from T-Movile to Rogers.