Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Trailer is out. Looks like it will be San Andreas.

Or at least Los Santos and the surrounding area...Didn't see any signs of San Fiero or Las Venturas...?

I think it looks pretty awesome. San Andreas was my favorite playground of the PS2 games, so I would love to revisit that in gorgeous HD.

One thing I wish for though is different car handling than in GTA IV. Sure, it was more "realistic", but it was also a whole lot less fun than the previous games. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I would actually like the thread title to read "GTA V" in all caps...but apparently this is not allowed? :confused:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yeah, titles in caps are blocked by the forum system (to avoid ALL CAPS titles, although it would be appropriate in this case). BTW, I changed it to Grand Theft Auto V so it looks nicer :)

Definitely looking forward to this. I think IV is great but lacks many features that SA had (e.g. aircraft). It was just a bit too limited.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm curious as to what makes this GTA V and not GTA IV: San Andreas. Visually it looks like IV but with more colourful textures/post processing. Godrays were the only new thing I noticed, and the animation looked a bit better. Low res too, even the 720p version looked like an SD video upscaled.

Unimpressed so far. Or rather I think I was expecting a bit more to say it's a full sequel leap.

Hopefully the game itself plays more like the III series and not IV.

4. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Gotcha - thanks! :)

I popped in GTA4 last night to goof around a little, and was painfully reminded how little fun driving cars was in that game. :( Trying to lose cops was just frustrating and generally not much fun at all.

I really hope they steer away a little from "realism" and focus more on "fun" in the new one.

5. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

My biggest problem with IV was that it was always so dark and gray. The colors were too washed out. It was never sunny. I also hate the map in it. I don't mind playing liberty city in GTA III but I believe that map is better than the one in IV even if it is the same thing.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The map in GTAIII had more variety I thought, I liked the size of IV's but it was all just a city. That combined with the poor car controls made it not very fun to play through, for me.

7. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

It looks amazing.
    I'm getting a xbawx 360 just to play it.

8. anotonin macrumors member

Yay! GTA V! i like the airwolf! I can't wait for this. :)

9. whooleytoo, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Anyone have a link to the trailer? I've tried on Youtube and found dozens and dozens of varieties of crap, but no genuine trailer. TIA.

Edit - never mind, found it through a link on Escapist Magazine. Looks great, on each iteration the cities get more and more detailed. I have to say too - I like the more realistic handling. With supercars with infinite grip, it's just too easy.

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

No chance in hell of this ever coming to the wii, right?

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What an awfully strange thing to say.
    WiiU is possible.

12. theking79 macrumors 6502

Rockstar and GTA is like the Apple and iPhone of the gaming industry.

Theres nothing like the hype leading up to GTA games, just like with the iPhone.

Both companies do what they want when they want.

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

Anything is possible. That said it's more likely to be released on the WiiU.

14. anotonin macrumors member

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

16. PoseidonMac macrumors member

Will we see this in the MAS? :D I have really enjoyed playing the other GTA games on my mac, of course the PS3 controller is a must.

17. Usual macrumors member

For me, the GTA is only 1 and the second. May be because, I was around 18 when I was playing these :)

However, this version will be very good and I am pretty sure that it will have a sales record.

18. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Super excited for this game. Loved San Andreas (and almost every GTA before it) but never really got into IV. Hope it'll be more like the ones before.

This is Rockstar we're dealing with here, who knows how long till it'll be released :p

19. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

San Andreas is the mark to beat

I HOPE it's a true follow-up & step above San Andreas --- San Andreas was/is AWESOME.