Grandcentral to GoogleVoice issues

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Surely, May 2, 2009.

1. Surely Guest

Surely

Are there any other GoogleVoice users that have found the service much less reliable since they switched over from GrandCentral?

To be clear, I am the one calling the person who has the GoogleVoice number assigned to their phone. I assigned my GoogleVoice number to someone else to make it easier for me to call them (they have multiple phones, and it's easier for me to call the one number so all of their phones ring at once, instead of calling each line).

Connection issues: I find that upon calling the person's GV number, it fails to connect every time. Sometimes I have to call back a few times before the connection is made. It's not that the GV person's phone doesn't ring, it's that when they press "1" to accept the call, nothing happens. Sometimes I call back a bunch of times and it never connects. Sometimes I call back one or two more times and then it finally works (they press "1", and it connects).

Call quality: I find that the call quality has decreased since the changeover. Sometimes it sounds digital, and sometimes there is a digital-sounding echo. Sometimes there is static on my end but not on the other end.

Anyone else experiencing any of these issues or others?
    :cool:

2. ElectroGhandi macrumors regular

ElectroGhandi

Not at all, I like Google Voice much more than GrandCentral. Usually I don't like when my service gets changed to something new, but I liked this one. The new Inbox is really nice, it's set up sort of like Gmail, which is much better than the slow unorganized one from GrandCentral. Plus, with Google Voice, I can send and receive SMS! This is a major benefit for me over Grandcentral. I have not experienced any of the issues you mentioned...

3. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I love it had it from the beginning and no voice problems ever.
    One of the best ideas around and it's FREE!