Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phreebsd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
I had a snag at best buy because their system didn't list the new unlimited plan VOLTE Data Unlimited. its still 30 dollars. :)

Best Buy called AT&T and its all straight.
I didnt know AT&T was going to support VoLTE..

Anyone else have this experience?

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
I had a snag at best buy because their system didn't list the new unlimited plan VOLTE Data Unlimited. its still 30 dollars. :)

Best Buy called AT&T and its all straight.
I didnt know AT&T was going to support VoLTE..

Anyone else have this experience?

Are you saying AT&T is currently offering an unlimited data plan or are you saying that they allowed you to maintain your current UDP line and now it offers volte on the 6?

phreebsd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Are you saying AT&T is currently offering an unlimited data plan or are you saying that they allowed you to maintain your current UDP line and now it offers volte on the 6?

I'm saying i got to keep my unlimited data. they just renamed it from LTE unlimited to VOLTE Unlimited

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Oh nice! I didn't realize that AT&T already had VoLTE. So do I need to activate it? I would have thought that would happen automatically...

Each carrier is having you actually activate it thru your plan and not doing it automatically. I personally believe it is to keep down the amount of people using it saving bandwidth but that is just my opinion and could be totally wrong. In reality, probably 20% of people with a VoLTE phone will activate it because they don't know any different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.